You should know:
The demand for operator and demonstrator training for mobile elevating work platforms is continually increasing. We have observed in many discussions that there is an amount of uncertainty surrounding this topic, hence we would like to make the following comments:
- There is no license obligation for elevating work platform operators. However employers are obligated to adequately instruct their employees in the operation of elevating work platforms (see German Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV) § 9 and §12 of the German Occupational Safety Act).
- • In order to enable employers to fulfil their obligations, the following possibilities exist:
1. IPAF training with PAL-Card for operators and demonstrators compliant with
2. Training and assignment of elevating work platform operators in accordance with
BGG / DGUV-G 966
As a certified IPAF Training Centre, Lift-Manager is systematically developing the IPAF Training with their three qualified trainers in Germany and a further trainer in conjunction with Rothlehner in Austria. Safety has the utmost priority not only with regard to technology, but also with regard to highly trained operators and demonstrators. As a result, Lift-Manager is making a valuable contribution towards the reduction of accidents.
- The advantage of the training in accordance with IPAF with PAL-Card is that it is internationally recognised.
- The Certificate of Competency in accordance with the BGG 966 directive on training is generally only recognised within the scope of German trade associations.
Lift-Manager offers training in accordance with both systems.
Further information can be found in our newsletter:
document for information (37 kb)
The training courses take place at our Training Centres, or in-house at your own site.
The theoretical part of the courses take place in our modern, state-of-the-art, equipped training centre.
The practical part is conducted directly in our workshop at the same location. Naturally, work platforms corresponding to the training categories are always present.
We provide you with warm and cold drinks, fruit and snacks throughout the duration of your visit at our training centre. We will also be glad to provide in-house catering for your lunch break, or we are happy to recommend local restaurants.
Free parking is available directly in front of the building for each training course participant.
Of course you can also hire rooms in our Training Centre. If you would like to offer training courses in our premises, we will gladly send your further details about our Training Centres.
Training courses at Lift-Manager:
If you have questions, require individual advice or wish to make an appointment, please contact us at +49 (0) 3588 / 2546-18 or use our request form.